The mission of Adult Education at TPC is to:
- Provide spiritual and intellectual challenge. Our adult education classes seek to keep participants up to date with Biblical scholarship and how to apply it to daily living.
- Offer fellowship. Adult education provides an opportunity for participants to get to know each other and to share joys and concerns as well as discuss stimulating topics relevant to today’s world.
- Support Presbyterian values. Adult education supports and provides instruction on the enduring principles of the reformed faith. They are:
- Representing the will of Christ
- Demonstrating tolerance and respect for diversity
- Developing insight based on discernment and inclusivity
Adult Education classes are scheduled throughout the year, typically meeting during the 11:00 a.m. hour on Sunday mornings. For current offerings, please see the church calendar.
The following resources are provided by previous speakers to our Adult Education classes.
- The Center for Action and Contemplation has created a playlist of meditations called “Wisdom in Times of Crisis”. For instructions on how to locate the playlist click on How to Access the Playlist and follow the instructions.
- No Neighbor in Need: Thinking Theologically About Poverty, Presenter Lori Ruff-Schmalenberger, M.A. Religious Education, Director of Children’s Ministries at Tustin Presbyterian Church (Note: the pdf. link has embedded hyperlinks to each week’s resources)
- Report from General Assembly, Presenter: Commissioner John McCallum, Ruling Elder from Geneva Presbyterian Church in Laguna Hills
- Celebrating the 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, Presenter: The Rev. Dr. V. “Kass” Kassouni
- Family Change, Presenter: Dr. Carrie Miles, President and Executive Director of Empower International Ministries
- Mindfulness and Centering Prayer, Presenter: The Rev. Dr. Gail Stearns, The Irvin C. and Edy Chapman Dean of the Wallace All Faiths Chapel and Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Chapman University
- Origins Today: Genesis Through Ancient Eyes, Presenter: Bill Roundy
- Racism and Reconciliation, Presenter: Lori Ruff-Schmalenberger, M.A. Religious Education, Director of Children’s Ministries at Tustin Presbyterian Church