About the Pastor
Here is some information about our Pastor, the Rev. Dr. Steve Ranney, to help you get to know him better:
- Married to Kim Skilling who is a graduate of Princeton Seminary, is celebrating over 30 years as a minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and is now the Designated Pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Anaheim
- Two sons and a daughter and two grandchildren.
- B.A. in Ministry from Northwestern College in Roseville, Minnesota.
- Master of Divinity from Denver Seminary.
- Doctor of Ministry in Preaching from McCormick Seminary.
- Ordained in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in 1991.
- Associate Pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church of Centennial, Colorado, 1991–2006.
- Pastor/Head of Staff of St. Mark Presbyterian Church of Ballwin, Missouri, 2006–2015.
- Steve seeks to lead both by example and by challenging people to use the gifts that God has given them for the building up of the body of Christ. Thus, Steve’s main focus is helping each person grow up in their relationship with God so that God will be able to bless others through them.
My personal philosophy grows out of my life long quest for the truth. Over the years, that quest has led me to a desire to know God intimately and to love God as God loves me. I believe that is what God wants from me. It is in coming face to face with God through the risen Christ that we can see the depth of God’s love for us and when we truly see it, it changes us forever. To help us find that love and to grow in that love, God has given us each other in the church. My desire is for TPC to be a place where people of all stages of spiritual maturity will grow in that love and offer it to others.